Wednesday, August 27, 2014

road trips & dirty dancing

After 1352 miles and 22 hours of driving we finally made it! Since we made great time our first day driving, we decided to take a short detour to Niagara Falls in NY. My parents hadn't been there since an anniversary before I was born, and it was a first time experience for me. What an amazing sight to see!


Today concludes my first official day at college. As a traditional closer for us firsties, the school puts on a movie night, featuring Dirty Dancing in the auditorium. Watching a classic 80's chick flick in an auditorium filled with hundreds of excited young ladies is most definitely an experience. Whoops and hollers when slick Patrick Swayze enters the scene and loud cheers and whistles when Baby makes the first move. But nothing compares to the screams that erupt from everyone's mouths when we get to the best 5 seconds of the whole movie, cause "Baby's GOING TO MOUNT HOLYOKE IN THE FALL!"

Though today has been hectic with getting IDs and keys and moving all my stuff to the top floor of my dorm in 90 degree weather, it has been a wonderful journey so far. I have already met and reconnected with some pretty amazing young women from all over country (and the world!), and I know that my time here has only just started.

So let the adventure begin!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you, Sonia! It will be an amazing journey and you'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete